Recipe by MommaSchafe
This came from a community church's cookbook originally but I added a crunchy topping that my family prefers.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cooked frozen peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onion in butter until golden brown; combine with soup, milk, tuna, noodles and peas.
- Pour into a 1 quart casserole.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of tuna mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, add time if needed until hot and bubbling.