Recipe by loloharris
This is an easy, quick, and filling meal. Serve with a big salad with lots of veggies...
Top Review by nic_fajt
Really bland. This was really missing something. Maybe adding 1/2 cup of mayo would have made it creamier. To me, the noodles were dry, the sauce was thin, very little seasoning. My kids had some ranch dressing on the side and that did help to cover up the blah aspect of this recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, use flowers only
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a medium baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of water, boil noodles until al dente. Drain well.
- In a medium saucepan, combine flour, butter, and salt. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are combined evenly.
- Add milk, and whisk until the sauce thickens (usually it is at the proper consistency by the time it begins to boil).
- Add cheese to mixture, and whisk until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Stir in tuna, peas, broccoli, and noodles.
- Spread the mixture evenly in prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the top noodles begins to turn golden brown.