Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was featured on week 35 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Bouvet Island is my 34th stop. Bouvet Island is a remote, uninhabited island near Antarctica, and sushi is often served aboard the ships that take explorers to this remote destination.
- 4 ounces sushi grade fresh ahi tuna or 4 ounces albacore tuna
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 1 cup prepared sushi rice
- Press the rice down into the sushi mold and transfer to your work surface. If you don't have a mold, you can just shape the rice using your hands.
- Put a dab of wasabi on top of the rice.
- Lay a thin slice of the tuna over each rice shape.