Recipe by miss jane
A yummy main meal salad, just right for lunch or even dinner on a warm day. Filling, but also refreshing. Serve with fresh bread rolls as an accompaniment. Keeps well in refrigerator for a couple of days.
- 6 leaves green iceberg lettuce
- 7 small new potatoes
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 150 g green beans
- 3 eggs
- 1 dozen pitted black kalamata olive
- 100 g sandwich tuna
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes whole in their skins for 20 minutes.
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- Put water on to boil.
- While potatoes, eggs and water are boiling, wash, dry, tear and arrange lettuce in base of salad bowl.
- Cut tomatoes into segments (about eighths), and put aside.
- Top and tail beans and cut into inch lengths, and place in a bowl.
- When the water boils, pour it over the beans, and leave for two minutes, then drain and refresh beans in cold water.
- When eggs are boiled, shell them and cut into quarters.
- Drain tuna and break it into chunks.
- When potatoes are boiled, drain them and halve them, and place them in the salad bowl on the lettuce.
- Follow the potatoes with the beans, tomatoes, eggs, olives and tuna.
- Do not toss.
- Dress with generous dollops of mayonnaise immediately before serving.