miss jane's Note:
A yummy main meal salad, just right for lunch or even dinner on a warm day. Filling, but also refreshing. Serve with fresh bread rolls as an accompaniment. Keeps well in refrigerator for a couple of days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes whole in their skins for 20 minutes.
- 2Boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- 3Put water on to boil.
- 4While potatoes, eggs and water are boiling, wash, dry, tear and arrange lettuce in base of salad bowl.
- 5Cut tomatoes into segments (about eighths), and put aside.
- 6Top and tail beans and cut into inch lengths, and place in a bowl.
- 7When the water boils, pour it over the beans, and leave for two minutes, then drain and refresh beans in cold water.
- 8When eggs are boiled, shell them and cut into quarters.
- 9Drain tuna and break it into chunks.
- 10When potatoes are boiled, drain them and halve them, and place them in the salad bowl on the lettuce.
- 11Follow the potatoes with the beans, tomatoes, eggs, olives and tuna.
- 12Do not toss.
- 13Dress with generous dollops of mayonnaise immediately before serving.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Nicoise Salad
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 336.2 mg
- Sodium 403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 36.1 g