Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These easy hors d'oeuvres call for ingredients that are most likely already in your pantry. Originally found on Martha Stewart's web site but have taken the liberty to make a few changes to it.
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, pitted
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (3 ounce) can solid white tuna, in vegetable oil, drained and broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- chopped fresh tarragon leaves, garnish
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 French baguettes or 1⁄2 Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make Crostini:.
- Set the baguette slices on baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown, turning once about 4 minutes.
- Finely chop half the green olives, set aside.
- Thinly slice the remaining green olives and pimento-stuffed olives, set aside.
- Remove yolks from eggs, set aside.
- Place whites in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash egg whites until 1/4-inch pieces are formed.
- Add mayonnaise, tuna, reserved chopped olives & pimento-stuffed olive slices, capers, and chopped tarragon, stir to combine.(If needed - add more mayonnaise).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon mixture onto each crostini.
- Place reserved yolks in a sieve. With a spoon, press yolks through sieve into a bowl.
- Top each crostini with yolk, garnish with tarragon and reserved olives.