Recipe by Manami
These easy hors d'oeuvres call for ingredients that are most likely already in your pantry. Originally found on Martha Stewart's web site but have taken the liberty to make a few changes to it.
- 1⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, pitted
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (3 ounce) can solid white tuna, in vegetable oil, drained and broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- chopped fresh tarragon leaves, garnish
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 French baguettes or 1⁄2 Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make Crostini:.
- Set the baguette slices on baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown, turning once about 4 minutes.
- Finely chop half the green olives, set aside.
- Thinly slice the remaining green olives and pimento-stuffed olives, set aside.
- Remove yolks from eggs, set aside.
- Place whites in a bowl.
- Using a fork, mash egg whites until 1/4-inch pieces are formed.
- Add mayonnaise, tuna, reserved chopped olives & pimento-stuffed olive slices, capers, and chopped tarragon, stir to combine.(If needed - add more mayonnaise).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 tablespoon mixture onto each crostini.
- Place reserved yolks in a sieve. With a spoon, press yolks through sieve into a bowl.
- Top each crostini with yolk, garnish with tarragon and reserved olives.