Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For me, this is the ultimate in comfort foods from my childhood. :) I fix this often, usually for lunch, accompanied with a bowl of soup. (LJ entry Monday, January 28th, 2002.)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash granulated garlic, to taste
- 1 English muffin (parted with a fork)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or whatever your favorite is)
- Mix together the tuna, mayo, onion, and garlic.
- Place tuna mixture on top of each English muffin half.
- Top with cheese, then broil in toaster oven until cheese is suitably melted. (Since I don't currently have a toaster oven, I just bake it in my regular oven for about 5-7 minutes these days. You can use the microwave, too, but it doesn't crisp the same and an oven is preferable.).
This was yummy & quick - We'll make this again. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe brings back great childhood memories!! You can use bread also if you don't have the other. Thanks for the memories!!!
I hadn't had these before until Julesong made them for me and now I make them myself. I also had never used those dried minced onions before but they add a nice little crunch to tuna that's GOOD! These are also good when you're feeling a little "off" along with chicken noodle soup.