Recipe by mandabears
I begged this recipe from a former co-worker who got it from her mother who lives in San Diego. Lovely taste. Nice presentation, the tomato soup makes you believe it's Salmon.
Top Review by Buggybears
Delicious and very easy as far as molds go. I would advise to not be quite as generous with the cooking spray, as it may turn out a bit greasy. If you're really having trouble unmolding it, try the dipping-in-hot-water trick. Make sure you chop that celery and onion super fine to not interfere with the smooth texture of the mousse.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, water packed, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white horseradish
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan heat gelatin in water over low heat, stir until thickened.
- In a separate large saucepan heat tomato soup, undiluted, and cream cheese, stir constantly until cream cheese melts and mixture is blended.
- Add gelatin mixture, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, flake tuna.
- Fold in mayonnaise, horseradish, celery, onion, gelatin mixture and seasonings.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Pour into a fish mold that has been well sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Unmold onto serving platter.
- Serve with crackers.