Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I begged this recipe from a former co-worker who got it from her mother who lives in San Diego. Lovely taste. Nice presentation, the tomato soup makes you believe it's Salmon.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, water packed, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white horseradish
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- In a small saucepan heat gelatin in water over low heat, stir until thickened.
- In a separate large saucepan heat tomato soup, undiluted, and cream cheese, stir constantly until cream cheese melts and mixture is blended.
- Add gelatin mixture, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, flake tuna.
- Fold in mayonnaise, horseradish, celery, onion, gelatin mixture and seasonings.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Pour into a fish mold that has been well sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Unmold onto serving platter.
- Serve with crackers.
Delicious and very easy as far as molds go. I would advise to not be quite as generous with the cooking spray, as it may turn out a bit greasy. If you're really having trouble unmolding it, try the dipping-in-hot-water trick. Make sure you chop that celery and onion super fine to not interfere with the smooth texture of the mousse.