Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the most delicious tuna mousse. I got the recipe from a friend after having it at her party and not being able to get it out of my mind. If you like tuna, you will be addicted as well! You've got to try it!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (7 g) packetknox unflavored gelatin, softened in 3T cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 stalks green onions, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use "light")
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained well
- 1 cup celery, minced
- Warm soup.
- Add softened gelatin.
- Let cool.
- Cream in cream cheese. Then add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 2-cup mold and chill for 6 hours or more.
- Unmold onto serving platter and serve with crackers and vegetable.
I have just made this Tuna Mousse. There is no way it will fit into a two cup mold!! You can tell by the volume of the quantities!! This is a mistake, more like an 8 cup mold. A little ground pepper and some lemon zest (2 lemons) would improve the flavour.
I made this for a dinner party and everyone loved it, me most of all. I had the remaining mousse for breakfast the next day! It had a wonderful flavour and texture and was delightful with crispy melba toasts. No tuna fan should miss a chance to make this.
This makes a wonderful appetizer that I can't wait to share with my family. I halved the recipe and used a smaller mold. Even my picky BF loved it. I made this for Pac 2007 :)