Recipe by Ben Ross
A very tasty rich dish. I enjoy this dish at all times of the year. Can be eaten cold or hot and can even be served with rice and/or bread rolls.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- lemon juice (1 squeeze)
- 200 g canned tuna
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the butter in a preheated saucepan and melt the butter down (on low heat).
- Once the butter is melted down add the plain flour.
- Stir well and cook the mixture of butter and plain flour which should go a bit lumpy and dry at this stage.
- Very important that you cook this well (2-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat and slowly, very slowly add the milk and stir.
- The sauce should now be getting smooth.
- If it is lumpy you have been adding the milk to fast.
- Keep adding the milk until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Add the paprika and lemon juice for a bit of extra kick.
- Add the cheese slowly and stir in so that you can not see any grated cheese in the dish.
- Any other herbs for a bit of extra taste.
- Add the tuna and let it sit on low heat for 5 minutes lightly stirring every minute or so.
- Garnish with some parsley.