Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is fantastic! A family favourite, never any leftovers because we can't get enough :) Is great with rice.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream (I use light)
- 2⁄3 cup grated cheese
- 1 (440 g) can corn, drained
- 425 g canned tuna, drained (any large can)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- Melt butter in saucepan, add onion& celery, Stir constantly over medium heat for 3min or until onions are soft.
- Add flour, stir for 1min or until mixture is bubbling.
- Mix cream and milk together then gradually stir into onion mix.
- Stir over heat until thickens.
- Remove from heat& add corn, tuna, cheese& parsley, stir until cheese has melted.
- Spoon mix into oven proof dish& top with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 15min or until golden.
- Serve with crusty bread and rice or salad.
Wonderful recipe. Made a great, quick lunch. Made exactly as directed using a pepperjack cheese.