Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Starkist Tuna, and it makes a tasty, quick & easy soup.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 large carrot (peeled & diced)
- 1 medium onion (peeled & diced)
- 1⁄2 celery (diced)
- 1 cup small shell pasta (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, blend
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna (drained & flaked)
- 1 can great northern bean (drained)
- In a soup pot combine broth, tomatoes, carrot, onion, celery, pasta& seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then cover& simmer 20 minutes.
- Add tuna& beans,& heat through.
We really thought this was good. I didn't have the beans in your recipe so I used kidney beans instead (I rinsed them first) and it still tasted really good. Thank you for telling me about your tuna recipe when I asked for recipes (I use a lot of tuna).
What an awesome idea for tuna. I eat a ton of it and sometimes it gets sort of boring right from the can. I modified the recipe a little because I had some things in my kitchen that I had to use up. I substituted a can of mixed beans instead of the northern beans. I also added as extras: 2 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes, 1 large red pepper, 2 cups of carrots, 2 cups of green beans and an extra onion. It made an awesome, thick and hearty soup. Thanks for the recipe Keywee!
A lovely change of pace from plain ole minestrone soup. Love how quick this is to put together! Used crushed tomatoes with chilis and oregano&basil instead of Italian seasoning, but otherwise followed the recipe. Great soup, thanks KeyWee!