1/1 Photo of Tuna Mignon With Tomato Sherry Vinaigrette
Hungry Chefs's Note:
After enjoying this dish at Fleming's Steakhouse in Scottsdale, Arizona, I needed to find the recipe and have it for myself. Paul Fleming, creator of the steakhouse (as well as P.F. Chang's) puts together absolutely amazing dishes, and this one exemplifies that!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) tuna fillets
- 1/8 cup poppy seed
- 1/8 cup ground pepper
- 1/4 cup shallot, diced
- 1/3 cup green onion, ends cut off and remaining portion diced
- 2 cups roma tomatoes, cored,seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1Place shallots, green onion and tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
- 2Add sherry and rice vinegars.
- 3Add salt and olive oil; stir well.
- 4Set aside.
- 5(I made this mixture ahead of time and let set for 30-45 minutes, allowing the flavors to mix, but this is not necessary).
- 6Roll tuna fillet in poppyseed-peppercorn mixture.
- 7In a well-heated pan, sear tuna on both sides to desired temperature (approx. 1-2 minutes per side, so that the tuna is very pink on the inside).
- 8Place tuna on a plate and top with tomato mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Mignon With Tomato Sherry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.6
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 1839.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar