Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I try to do a variety of fish dishes for a family member on a very limited diet. It is quick and appealing and makes a meal with a salad or nice appetizers with pasta.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained or 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 stalks celery & leaves, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon cilantro leaf
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip or 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- Pam cooking spray
- 36 wonton wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients together except the shredded cheese Mix well until blended.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Spray muffin pans with Pam.
- Place a wonton wrapper in each muffin cup, making sure the edges are folded out.
- After each muffin pan is filled, spray Pam lightly over the wrappers. Bake 5 - 6 minutes, middle rack of oven.
- Take out of oven and fill each wonton wrapper with a heaping tblsp full of filling.
- You can fill all the wrappers at the same time after all are prebaked.If you have 3 12 cup muffin tins, you can leave the wrappers in the tins to fill and then bake.
- If not, when cool to touch, take out and place on cookie sheets and fill.Make sure the cookie sheet has a little oil or Pam sprayed on the sheet so the wontons will not stick.
- Pop back in the oven to heat until hot, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese.
- on top of each wonton cup and bake until melted.
- Note: You may sprinkle Panko crumbs or Italian fine bread crumbs or bacon bits on each wonton before adding the shredded cheese.
- These can be made ahead, refrigerated and reheated. Just add more baking time to reheat.