Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are Oh-so-easy and deliciuos. My family has enjoyed them for years. Easy to double.
Make and share this Tuna Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomatoes (1/4-inch thick) (optional)
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices cheese, of your choice (3/4-ounce slices)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Place toasted muffin halves, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- Divide tuna mixture evenly among the muffin halves.
- Top with tomato and cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
These were great,my husband really enjoyed them too! I didn't have any fresh tomatoes so I used 1 Tbsp of chunky salsa instead, and they tasted great.
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It was easy to make yet tasty. I doubled the recipe but didn't add the celery or the optional tomaotes. I did add the optional relish but used dill instead of sweet pickle. I also used wheat bread instead of muffins as that is all I had. We all enjoyed this for dinner. I melted the cheese in the microwave as I didn't feel like firing up the oven.
Fun, fast, easy recipie. my kids enjoyed. I also add a little finely chopped onion. just for the extra zing.