Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are Oh-so-easy and deliciuos. My family has enjoyed them for years. Easy to double.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomatoes (1/4-inch thick) (optional)
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices cheese, of your choice (3/4-ounce slices)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Place toasted muffin halves, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- Divide tuna mixture evenly among the muffin halves.
- Top with tomato and cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
These were great,my husband really enjoyed them too! I didn't have any fresh tomatoes so I used 1 Tbsp of chunky salsa instead, and they tasted great.
We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It was easy to make yet tasty. I doubled the recipe but didn't add the celery or the optional tomaotes. I did add the optional relish but used dill instead of sweet pickle. I also used wheat bread instead of muffins as that is all I had. We all enjoyed this for dinner. I melted the cheese in the microwave as I didn't feel like firing up the oven.
Nice & easy. The tuna was good. I used full-fat mayo, as always, and did add the pickle relish. I had doubled the tuna mixture, and put my family's portions on wheat & fiber bread (bottoms). I cut thicker slices of tomato, but that made them too tomato-y, so next time I'll stick to 1/4". Also, I will use cheddar, because my "cheese food" wound up burning before the tuna was close to warm. Next time, I'll skip the bread, use the regular amount of tuna, and put the tomato on the bottom and the cheese on top. Yum!