Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comfort food for the totally stupefied. I make these probably once a month or so, depending on how many different sports are being played at the time.
- 3 (4 ounce) cans tuna
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese
- 10 slices whole wheat bread
- Combine the first 5 ingredients to make the tuna salad.
- Spread the tuna salad on five slices of bread, and top with the cheddar cheese. Place the next slice of bread on top.
- Spray a griddle with cooking spray and heat the griddle to medium. Place the five tuna sandwiches onto the griddle. Cook for five minutes on each side, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the tuna is heated through.
- Serve with a green salad and enjoy!
This was very good -- though I must admit that I really didn't measure the first few ingredients and just put it all together and mixed until it looked and tasted like it was the right consistency. But this is great comfort food -- thanks!