Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Little different way to serve Tuna Melts. The cheese makes its different and very good Kids like this. Fast and easy Lunch
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use lite)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Spread butter over cut sides of buns.
- Spread tuna mixture on bun bottoms,replace tops.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
My mom has made these my entire life with the addition of either sliced black olive or green olives, we love them!
I've made this twice and everybody loves it. The second time I substituted chopped pickles for the onion. It's a life saver on a busy night.
Used the recipe as a basis for the ingredients I had on hand. Used low carb bread, sharp and marble cheddar, and had no onions so used onion powder and omitted the celery. Added some black pepper too. It really hit the spot. Can see myself adding all sorts of stuff and varying it. I usually make tuna melts open faced but I like the way this recipe mixes the cheese and tuna and the bread stays softer, a nice change. thank you!