Recipe by GloriaAnn
Heres my quesadilla. I am not even that sure of how to spell it, but it works. These quesadillas are really good. I eat these whenever I come home from school sometimes and I do not have time to grill some chicken or something like that to eat. They are popular with my mom and my sister. They love to eat them, the problem is is that I always have to make them. lol. I hope you like them. These quesadillas may get messy. So sometimes you have to eat them with a fork. But I still LOVE them. These are also low fat. They are made with fat free mayonnaise and cheeses which doesn't seem to take away any flavor. Or thats my opinion. Light cheeses and mayonnaise can be used as well. I made this recipe up all by myself using my tuna salad recipe and adding shredded cheese. Quesadillas are popular in this house, we eat ham quesadillas, to grilled chicken quesadillas and this happens to be my favorite.
- 1 (3 ounce) canof starkist albacore tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise (or low fat mayo, use about a teaspoon more if tuna salad it too dry)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese (or 2% milk)
- 1 baby carrots, chopped (optional)
- sweet relish (optional)
- 10 inches tortillas (wheat or flour)
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese (it makes for an extra cheesy and slightly messy quesadilla. You may have to eat it with a fork then) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tuna well.
- Scoop into bowl with a fork and flake it with the fork, breaking up the larger chunks of tuna.
- Add the mayonnaise, honey mustard, Mrs. Dash, the shredded cheese, and the baby carrot and sweet relish if you like. Stir well.
- Add more mayo or honey mustard it it looks too dry.
- Heat a medium size skillet on medium heat.
- Heat your tuna in the microwave on high for about 15-30 seconds to heat it through.
- Remove when finished.
- Lay your tortilla on a plate and spoon all the tuna mixture onto half of it; add the extra slice of cheese if you like) and fold over the other half.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray and carefully lay your quesadilla down onto the skillet, making sure you don't burn yourself or drop any tuna out of the sides of it while you're at it.
- Brown it on both sides and remove from it.
- Cut it into fourths.
- ***If my directions are inaccurate please tell me.