Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from an issue of BBC Good Food 06 - very quick and kid friendly ! I use reduced fat mayonnaise and I use cooked onions.
- 750 g frozen potato wedges
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (320 g) canned tuna in water, drained
- parsley (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 220 C.
- Place wedges in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix mayo, cheese and tuna together.
- Place wedges into heatproof serving dish.
- Spoon over tuna mixture.
- Put back into the oven for 15 minutes till bubbling.
This was very good and so different. A little like a tuna casserole, but using potatoes instead of noodles. I sprinkled a little more cheese on top of the tuna before baking. We really enjoyed this.
Loved this so much! The only change I made was using fresh potatoes cut into wedges, and moistened with olive oil, baked for 30 minutes. Then went on with the recipe there. Perfect, good, and wonderful! Loved the use of tuna with the potatoes. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* August 2009