Prep 7 mins
Cook 3 mins
Most requested quick fix lunch for the working stiffs in our home. Searched and searched for something similar (#109698 came close). Try this! Splendidly simple and surprisingly delicious. Although I always "eyeball" measurments - I think this is pretty close.
- 1 (12 ounce) canof solid albacore tuna (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup diced banana pepper, drain on paper towel prior to chopping (pepperonocini)
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped (green, pimento stuffed)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, enough to make a creamy,but not soupy salad,no salt needed (enough in the olives and peppers)
- 6 slices monterey jack pepper cheese (1 ounce each slice)
- 6 English muffins, halves or 6 toasted bread, of choice
- Drain tuna well.
- Set almost empty cans on floor and allow pets to clean.
- Chop drained peppers and olives.
- Mix tuna, peppers and olives with mayo.
- Toast muffin halves/bread of choice.
- Preheat broiler (or use your toaster oven).
- Pile salad onto toasted bread, and top with Pepper Jack cheese.
- Place open faced sandwiches on cookie sheet.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- (If using toaster oven, place on baking insert and use the"toaster" setting-once or twice depending on how hot your toaster/oven gets).
- Also great without the bread- use as a dip with crackers and/or vegies (hot or cold).
I've had tuna with banana peppers and olives before, but never thought of making it into a tuna melt. The flavors work really well together. Thanks for posting! Made for Bargain Basement tag.