Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
Fantastic lunch, even dinner with a bowl of soup.
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned artichoke heart, finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, lightly drained and flaked
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 tablespoons grated shredded provolone cheese or 6 tablespoons grated shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Divide evenly among muffin halves, sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet, broil 4 minutes or until golden.
Dorthy, this was soooo good!!! Honestly I will say I was a little hesitant about the artichoke hearts with tuna combination but OH MY, it really is DELICIOUS!!!! I had this for dinner last night and DH and DD were eating Taco Bell (yuck) and guess what they each ended up having...you got it some of mine. THANKS!
I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, so I improvised and used hearts of palm. Delicious. I'll definitely make this one again. I even felt a little "righteous" as I think the recipe is light in calories, only a small amount of olive oil.
I served this for my father in thanks for painting my kitchen :-) Very good, but since he doesn't like crunchy things, I didn't toast the muffins first. Will definately do that next time! I didn't use the cayenne pepper and used regular chunk light tuna in water. Very tasty!! Thank you!