Recipe by Dancer^
These make a nice lunch, I have been making these for awhile now. Serve with a small salad and some fruit.
Top Review by Dot1222
What a great recipe!! I had company over for lunch and it went over very well! Thank you! My Niece said "Wow I feel like I am eating a cheeseburger without the guilt" So from now on I am making my tuna this way all the time.
- 6 ounces solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- dill pickle
- 1 red onion
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split
- 3 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine tuna, celery, onion and mayonnaise/pickles/ketchup dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast English muffin halves.
- Place split-side-up on baking sheet and top each with 1/4 of tuna mixture.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cheese and return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer.