Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"Hey Lacey You are bringing the salad right?" And everyone knows it is my tuna macaroni salad.Its been a hit for years with the young and old alike, summer or winter, serve it cold or hot, (omit the cuke if you like, when hot).
- 1 (6 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) canflaked tuna, drained
- 1 medium sweet onions, chopped or 3 -4 green onions
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 red peppers or 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash celery seed
- 1 dash salt, if available
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni in 3 cups of water until done about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup milk.
- Add cheese that was included in box.
- Mix well.
- Let cool completely.
- Add above ingredients in order given.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand in fridge overnight or at least 8 hours.