Recipe by Chef Boy of Dee's
This is our version of an old Betty Crocker recipe. Again, since we are garlic freaks, we kicked up the garlic and tried other improvement. This is a great side dish or along. Great for potlucks.
Top Review by starsugarb
Not our favorite. I used chopped sweet relish from the jar and 3/4 cup was just too much. The amount of salad dressing mixture and relish seemed too much for the amount of tuna and pasta. I even added another can of tuna and doubled the amount of pasta. I like sweet relish in my tuna, but this was too much for our taste.
- 1 (7 ounce) package shell macaroni (small sized)
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese (we also shredded it and it was ever better)
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion (grated is better)
- 1 cup salad dressing or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (again more is better)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (can be garlic salt)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sliced sweet pickle relish (best if left out) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni as desired AL DENTE.
- Drain; rinse with cold water.
- Combine macaroni, cheese, tuna, pickle relish (if used) and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together salad dressing, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).