Recipe by keen5
As a teenager, my son loved this. He's grown now and still loves it. Cook time is the chill time.
Top Review by cinderetta2002
I chose this recipe because my kids don't like red/green peppers and celery in their salad. I also had to use one and a half cups leftover cooked chicken instead of the tuna. But it tasted great! The cubed cheddar cheese (I used 'tasty' cheddar) adds a nice contrast to the sweet gherkins. Delicious and different!
- 1 (6 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped or sliced sweet gherkin
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1 cup salad dressing or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine macaroni, cheese, tuna, pickles and onion in large bowl.
- Stir together salad dressing, salt, pepper and garlic; pour over macaroni mixture and toss.
- Cover; chill at least 3 hours.