1/2 Photos of Tuna Macaroni Salad
3 hrs 30 mins
You'll crave this salad once you try it, this also works well with chicken in place of the tuna, please do not omit the sweet pickles they *make* this salad! adjust all amounts to suit taste, plan ahead this needs to chill before serving, cooking time is chilling time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (can use 3 cans)
- 4 -5 green onions, chopped or 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet pickles (can use more or less, do not squeeze out any juice from the pickles)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use half of each) or 1 cup salad dressing (I use half of each)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (optional or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (yes 1 tablespoon or even 1-1/2 tablespoons!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 -4 hard-boiled eggs (quartered) (optional)
- 1Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender; drain then rinse well under cold water; place in a bowl then toss with 1 tablespoon oil to prevent sticking.
- 2Add in tuna, onion, bell pepper, celery and sweet pickles; toss to combine.
- 3In a bowl mix together mayonnaise with sour cream, sweet relish (if using) garlic powder, yellow mustard (start with 1 tablespoon mustard) and seasoned salt; add to the macaroni mixture; mix well to combine.
- 4Season with black pepper to taste.
- 5Arrange the cooked egg wedges around the inside of the bowl, then dust the top of the salad and eggs lightly with paprika.
- 6Cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving (the longer chilling time the better!).
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 427.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: