Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
When I came across this recipe, it took me a while to try it -- I just thought it sounded kinda weird. But it's oh so wonderful. It's definitely a favorite summer dish of ours -- when the tomatoes are at their peak and full of flavor.
- 2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese (I use the Kraft Deluxe Mix)
- 1 (7 ounce) canned tuna, drained and flaked (I use the tuna packed in water)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 6 chilled tomatoes
- Combine first 7 ingredients and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator a good 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Cut the tomatoes into sixths, to within ½” of the bottom of the tomato.
- Spread wedges apart.
- Sprinkle inside of each tomato cup lightly with salt (and pepper if desired).
- Fill with tuna/macaroni mixture.
- (Prep time includes the 2 hour chilling time).