Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great variation to Tuna Casserole that my SIL sent to me back in the 90's. I've substituted Cream of Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Celery and it works fine. Also, the original recipe called for American cheese but I've found that Cheddar is better. I've made it many times, it is easy to prepare and makes a great meal with a salad and garlic toast.
- 4 ounces small shell pasta
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In bowl blend together soup, milk, mayonnaise or salad dressing, and mustard. Stir in cheese, tuna and pimento. Gently fold in cooked macaroni. Turn into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Combined bread crumbs, melted butter and paprika; sprinkle atop casserole.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees until heated through, 45-50 minutes.
Yum! I like the addition of paprika.