Recipe by IOjaw
This is another one of those “in every kitchen cabinet” type of recipes that I have been cooking for years. It originated because I basically didn’t know how to cook (still not sure that has changed much). Now-a-days we use the recipe in those not much time to prepare situations and still enjoy remembering, as well as laughing about, how it was when my husband and I started our journey through life together.
- 212.62 g package macaroni and cheese mix
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 255.14 g can tuna
- 236.59 ml frozen mixed vegetables
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- 5 large cherry tomatoes (halved, then each half cut into thirds)
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml minced ginger
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 14.79 ml white pepper
- 59.14 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml snipped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot on medium heat prepare macaroni. About five minutes prior to the pasta being done add the mixed vegetables and onion to the pasta water. When pasta is done, strain. Return the mixture to the pot. Mix in butter, packaged macaroni cheese powder, tuna, garlic, ginger, pepper, parsley, thyme, soy sauce, soup, and finally milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Layer the top with the cheddar cheese. Arrange the tomatoes in any pattern desired. Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil. Serve.