Recipe by pigtailone
I found this in a casserole cookbook circa 1964. I "tweaked" it some. My kids loved it. My daughter makes it for her family too. Serve with lightly sauteed veggies and coleslaw
Top Review by Boomette
This recipe is so yummy. I added all the cheese in the macaroni because my son doesn't like when it's on top. That way he liked it a lot. Thanks pigtailone :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onion lightly in hot fat.
- Gradually stir in the soup and the milk.
- Fold in the tuna, season to taste, and add half the cheese.
- Mix the macaroni and the tuna mixture, put in a greased casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes in the oven at 350ºF or until the cheese is melted and the casserole bubbly.