1/1 Photo of Tuna-Macaroni Casserole
I found this in a casserole cookbook circa 1964. I "tweaked" it some. My kids loved it. My daughter makes it for her family too. Serve with lightly sauteed veggies and coleslaw
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna fish, drained and broken into chunks
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cheddar cheese
- 1Sauté the onion lightly in hot fat.
- 2Gradually stir in the soup and the milk.
- 3Fold in the tuna, season to taste, and add half the cheese.
- 4Mix the macaroni and the tuna mixture, put in a greased casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- 5Bake 10-15 minutes in the oven at 350ºF or until the cheese is melted and the casserole bubbly.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna-Macaroni Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 1215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.4 g