Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was one the many recipes I inherited from my my dear Father-In Law, I know he would have been tickled pink that I've decided to post them. He may be gone but his recipes live on... in memory of RBT
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup buttered bread crumb
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Add milk to mushroom soup and heat, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Add peas, seasonings and tuna.
- Combine with macaroni, mix lightly and put into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350', 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly hot.
Dh and I both really liked this creamy, tasty casserole. I made exactly as you posted, but put cheese on top, DH wants cheese on everything!! I was browsing the tuna casserole recipes and since your DFIL was mentioned, I picked this one. I lost mine a year ago today, in memory of RCH who was a great cook too!! Thanks Leeza.