Recipe by lets.eat
This was one the many recipes I inherited from my my dear Father-In Law, I know he would have been tickled pink that I've decided to post them. He may be gone but his recipes live on... in memory of RBT
Top Review by Cinda Lu
Dh and I both really liked this creamy, tasty casserole. I made exactly as you posted, but put cheese on top, DH wants cheese on everything!! I was browsing the tuna casserole recipes and since your DFIL was mentioned, I picked this one. I lost mine a year ago today, in memory of RCH who was a great cook too!! Thanks Leeza.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Add milk to mushroom soup and heat, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Add peas, seasonings and tuna.
- Combine with macaroni, mix lightly and put into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350', 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly hot.