Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Two cans of tuna and cream cheese and bread cubes and you have the start of a wonderful main dish. You can serve this with cream sauce or plain with any type of red sauce. It is delicious to serve as a slice in a sandwich.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups stuffing cubes or 5 cups dried seasoned bread cubes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 (12 ounce) canswhie albacore tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Pam cooking spray
- Beat with mixer in a large bowl, cream cheese, eggs, dried dill weed, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, add two cubes dried bread cubes and 1 cup milk. Stir around. Set aside.
- Add tuna. Break tuna apart with a fork while adding. Mix.
- Add balance of seasoned bread cubes and the soaked break cubes.
- Stir with spatula until mixed.
- Add vegetable oil and mix.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Spray Pam in a large loaf pan.
- Pour loaf ingredients and smooth out.
- Sprinkle paprika on the top.
- Bake 1 hour or until top springs back to the touch.
- Let cool at least 10-15 minutes.
- Note: I used my spiced croutons which have chili powder and cumin. and butter. You might like to use thyme or sage along with the dill weed.
- This keeps well.
- You may serve with tartar sauce, cream gravy, ketchup, chili sauce or mayo or miracle whip on a sandwich.
g:day, I give all your recipes 5 stars but one question what is dill weed. i have never heard of this. [australian]. i loved this recipe though and my grandaughter took slices on bread to school and shared it with others.