Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This zesty baked potato is very easy and light on calories. If you wish, chop a red pepper into small pieces and stir into the mix. If you're cooking an ovenful of potatoes, increase the temperature. Use metal skewers or baking prongs pushed through the potatoes to reduce the cooking time by up to a quarter. Rubbing a few drops of oil into the skin before cooking and sprinkling salt around the potatoes makes the skin extra crispy.
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) potatoes
- 14 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 1 lime, juice
- fresh cilantro, leaves picked, stalks chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- black pepper
- Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.
- Microwave Method:
- Cook one potato (8oz) for 6 minutes on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking.
- Allow to stand for 1 – 2 minutes before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- Oven Method:
- Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 400°F on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato.
- Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.
- When potato is ready, open the tins of tuna, in a bowl mix with lime juice and fresh coriander.
- Serve the mix on top of the pototoes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
"When potato is ready, open the tins of tuna, in a bowl mix with lime juice and fresh coriander." Cilantro is the leaf of the plant. Coriander is the seed part. They are not at all alike, with the seed being very much stronger and a completely different flavor. Otherwise this recipe sounds wonderful!