This zesty baked potato is very easy and light on calories. If you wish, chop a red pepper into small pieces and stir into the mix. If you're cooking an ovenful of potatoes, increase the temperature. Use metal skewers or baking prongs pushed through the potatoes to reduce the cooking time by up to a quarter. Rubbing a few drops of oil into the skin before cooking and sprinkling salt around the potatoes makes the skin extra crispy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.
- 2Microwave Method:
- 3Cook one potato (8oz) for 6 minutes on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking.
- 4Allow to stand for 1 – 2 minutes before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- 5Oven Method:
- 6Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 400°F on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato.
- 7Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.
- 8When potato is ready, open the tins of tuna, in a bowl mix with lime juice and fresh coriander.
- 9Serve the mix on top of the pototoes.
- 10Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna, Lime and Cilantro Baked Potato
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 403.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 28.1 g