Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This salad is ideal for a family lunch or a ladies' luncheon. With rolls and dessert it is a whole meal. This salad is best made the day before and chilled overnight. I got this recipe from a dear friend of my MIL, who got it from one of those recipe card collections. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans, cooked and drained (I prefer baby limas)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cooked lima beans, drained tuna, celery, olives and green onions.
- Add dressing and garlic; mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Turn into a crisp lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Recipe halves or doubles easily.