Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This salad is ideal for a family lunch or a ladies' luncheon. With rolls and dessert it is a whole meal. This salad is best made the day before and chilled overnight. I got this recipe from a dear friend of my MIL, who got it from one of those recipe card collections. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans, cooked and drained (I prefer baby limas)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Combine cooked lima beans, drained tuna, celery, olives and green onions.
- Add dressing and garlic; mix well.
- Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Turn into a crisp lettuce-lined bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Recipe halves or doubles easily.
I made this to take to work for my lunches. Very good, filling and nutritious. I used less green onion and more celery and olives.
We loved this salad, if you like lima beans you will love it too!The combination of veggies and olives with the garlic and Italian dressing was perfect! Very refreshing and we will be making it again, thanks for posting!