1/2 Photos of Tuna Lasagna With Italian Spiced White Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Eggs and Cheese Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sysco chicken base
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup white flour
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half (or 1 cup fat free evaporated milk and 1 cup water)
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, fresh grated or 1 1/2 cups dry parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimientos, drained (optional)
Add in Ingredients
- 1In blender add the eggs cheese mixture in the order listed. Pulse 3 to 4 times; set aside.
- 2In large pan, heat boiling water and cook lasagna noodles, drain, rinse and cool. Leave in colander.
- 3Take the large pan and add all of the White Sauce ingredients in the order listed except the drained pimentos.
- 4Whisk on low to medium heat, until hot and starting to thicken. Do not boil. Add in.
- 5pimentos if desired. Fold in the tuna.
- 6Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7Spray Pam in 9x13-inch pan.
- 8Place one layer of noodles on the bottom of pan.
- 9Then layer the egg/cheese mixture over noodles.
- 10Layer the white sauce over the egg cheese mixture.
- 11Repeat the procedure 3 times.
- 12Cover pan and cook 45 minutes.
- 13Let set 15 minutes.
- 14Cut in portions and serve.
- 16Can be partially frozen, then cut in squares and frozen in freezer bags, then reheated in the microwave.
- 17Serve with a tossed salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Lasagna With Italian Spiced White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.0
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 584.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 23.5 g