Top Review by Krsi Sue
Very good! My family doesn't like to "see" that there is cottage cheese in their lasagna, so I whirl it in the blender to smooth it out & voila! they have no clue. This would be great with the noodles rolled up and tilted on their side as well, creating individual servings in the pan. Thanks for a great recipe Mom! Krissy
Eggs and Cheese Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons sysco chicken base
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup white flour
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half (or 1 cup fat free evaporated milk and 1 cup water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, fresh grated or 1 1⁄2 cups dry parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained (optional)
Add in Ingredients
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna or 1 (12 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender add the eggs cheese mixture in the order listed. Pulse 3 to 4 times; set aside.
- In large pan, heat boiling water and cook lasagna noodles, drain, rinse and cool. Leave in colander.
- Take the large pan and add all of the White Sauce ingredients in the order listed except the drained pimentos.
- Whisk on low to medium heat, until hot and starting to thicken. Do not boil. Add in.
- pimentos if desired. Fold in the tuna.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray Pam in 9x13-inch pan.
- Place one layer of noodles on the bottom of pan.
- Then layer the egg/cheese mixture over noodles.
- Layer the white sauce over the egg cheese mixture.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times.
- Cover pan and cook 45 minutes.
- Let set 15 minutes.
- Cut in portions and serve.
- Can be partially frozen, then cut in squares and frozen in freezer bags, then reheated in the microwave.
- Serve with a tossed salad.