Recipe by Katiarra
This is a recipe I received from my daughter. And since my husband is diabetic; it is easily adaptable to his diet. This, of course, depends on your protein allowance. Has a great flavor and freezes well. This along with a side salad makes a very satisfying meal.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced or shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, Cooked
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup (I use 98% fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use 1%)
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, sliced (I use light)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee' onion and garlic in oil.
- Stir in soup, tuna, milk and seasonings.
- In a 8x12 pan; layer 1/2 the noodles, 1/2 the mozarella cheese, 1/2 the tuna mixture and 1/2 the Velveeta.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with parmesan cheese. At this point you can sprinkle more oregano on top, if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350º.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.