This is a great favourite in my household. And I have found that even people who generally don't like tuna enjoy this dish. It's sounds unusual I know, but it really is very nice served with crusty bread and a green salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (415 g) can tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 (425 g) can tuna, drained
- lasagna noodle, pre-cooked or fresh
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- 2Add garlic and onion and cook til onion is soft.
- 3Stir in undrained, mashed tomatoes, water, crumbled stock cube and tomato paste.
- 4Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and gently stir in Tuna.
- 6For the sauce: Melt butter in a microwave proof jug.
- 7Add flour and blend well before adding milk.
- 8Mix well with a balloon whisk.
- 9Microwave for 2 minutes on high whisking after the first minute.
- 10Layer Lasagna noodles, tuna mix and sauce in a casserole dish.
- 11Sprinkle with cheese.
- 12Bake 180 degrees celsius for about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.1
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 660.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 38.8 g