Recipe by Loves2Teach
Came across this while looking for recipes for my kitty. Enjoy!
Top Review by catsoplenty
Gave this 4 stars only because I have no idea what happened with my batch! My mix was so wet that I had to do them like teeny tiny drop biscuits!! Maybe I did something wrong. I'll have to try again. 1 of my 3 kitties seems to like them but the neighbor kitties like them better!! One was rolling all over his because of the catnip in it and the other was throwing his up in the air like a mouse before devouring it!! At least I know that they'll be eaten by some kitties even if they're not my own!!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 3 ounces tuna in vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon cod liver oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mash the tuna (or chicken). Add the flour and powdered milk, mixing well. Stir in the water, oil and egg, mixing well. Mixture will be sticky.
- Shape mixture into 1/2-inch sized balls. Place on greased baking sheets. Press balls to flatten.
- Bake at 350*F (175*C) for 10 minutes. Remove treats from oven; let sit 5 minutes and then turn treats over and bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Store in an air tight container in refrigerator.