Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, quick and easy! Can also be broiled. Goes well with Asian-Flavored Coleslaw #33941.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tuna steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick,cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes (10 or 12 inch)
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Combine soy, vinegar, sesame oil and wasabi in a ziplock bag.
- Add tuna and marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Thread tuna on skewers and cook on an oiled grill 5-10 minutes or until browned outside and cooked to desired degree of doneness inside.
Substituted cayenne for wasabi, which we hate. Broiled for 3 minutes, turned over, then 3 minutes, made it medium, just a little pink. wish we had cooked it less, but flavor was great!
Wow - what a great & easy recipe to add to your books! I had to use regular vinegar (forgot the rice vinegar at the store) but I don't think it really mattered. DH LOVED this and ate more than half of the tuna. The Wasabi added just enough zip without overpowering at all. Served with brown/wild rice and fresh picked corn on the cob. Made this for the Cook-A-Thon for Lorac This would be a great marinade for tuna, salmon or shark steaks or kabobs. Thanks Lorac for another great recipe!! We WILL make this again!