Clifford Boren's Note:
Great light dinner for summer. A scoop of your favorite sorbet on the side is refreshing. Prep time does not include the time chilling in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces Chinese pea pods
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (we like Smart Blend, no trans-fatty acids)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cantaloupe or 3 melon, of your choice
- 1/3 cup cashews or 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- paprika (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
- 1Remove tips and strings from pea pods.
- 2Add to 1 inch boiling water and boil uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again.
- 4Add all other ingredients, mix well, and chill for at least two hours.
- 5Cut melons in half crosswise, and remove the seeds.
- 6For decorative appearance, cut melons with sawtooth edge or scallop edge.
- 7Cut thin slice of melon from bottom to make the melon stable in the plate.
- 8Just before serving, scoop about a cup of salad mixture in each melon.
- 9Garnish with light dusting of paprika and sprinkle of parsely.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuna in a Melon Shell
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 247.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese pea pods