Recipe by Clifford Boren
Great light dinner for summer. A scoop of your favorite sorbet on the side is refreshing. Prep time does not include the time chilling in the refrigerator.
- 6 ounces Chinese pea pods
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (we like Smart Blend, no trans-fatty acids)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cantaloupe or 3 melon, of your choice
- 1⁄3 cup cashews or 1⁄3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- paprika (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tips and strings from pea pods.
- Add to 1 inch boiling water and boil uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse in cold water, and drain again.
- Add all other ingredients, mix well, and chill for at least two hours.
- Cut melons in half crosswise, and remove the seeds.
- For decorative appearance, cut melons with sawtooth edge or scallop edge.
- Cut thin slice of melon from bottom to make the melon stable in the plate.
- Just before serving, scoop about a cup of salad mixture in each melon.
- Garnish with light dusting of paprika and sprinkle of parsely.