Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is a marvelous tasting hot sandwich with a convenient make-ahead feature. Prepare the sandwiches early and wrap them in foil; bake just before eating. They do require baking; the crockpot or microwave just won't give the same results. Recipe doubles or triples easily. It came from Family Circle magazine about 35 years ago.
- 1 (7 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 4 ounces gruyere or 4 ounces swiss cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pimiento, diced or 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, from jars, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 split hamburger buns, buttered
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tuna, celery cheese, parsley and pimiento in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and Worcestershire; blend well. Add to tuna mixture, tossing gently to mix.
- Divide the filling evenly among the hamburger buns. Wrap each bun in foil; place on a cooky sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. rimove sandwiches from foil; serve hot.