Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This comes from a cookbook I was given some years ago called Stone Soup. It's full of Easy Japanese Home Cooking and was compiled by university students as an English project.
- Cut noodles into 2-inch lengths.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the noodles.
- Let them soak for 3-4 minutes or until transparent.
- Transfer to a colander, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Slice cucumbers thinly and sprinkle with a little additional salt.
- Blot the cucumber slices dry and place them in a bowl with the noodles.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the noodles and cucumber.
- Sprinkle salad with the Chuka Dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chuka Dressing:.
- Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar.
- Shake well and refrigerate until needed.
- shake well again just before using.
Great! Loved it! Wonderful Asian-influenced flavors, and YES to adding pickled ginger. Superb!
This was a great recipe for lunch. It was easy to prepares and eases the burdens of dish washing. It's definitely a student-friendly recipe for people like myself. I also added some pickled ginger and seaweed strips to the dish.