Recipe by JustJanS
This comes from a cookbook I was given some years ago called Stone Soup. It's full of Easy Japanese Home Cooking and was compiled by university students as an English project.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package harusame noodles
- 2 cucumbers (8 inches or 7oz total)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted and ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut noodles into 2-inch lengths.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the noodles.
- Let them soak for 3-4 minutes or until transparent.
- Transfer to a colander, rinse with cold water and drain.
- Slice cucumbers thinly and sprinkle with a little additional salt.
- Blot the cucumber slices dry and place them in a bowl with the noodles.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the noodles and cucumber.
- Sprinkle salad with the Chuka Dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chuka Dressing:.
- Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar.
- Shake well and refrigerate until needed.
- shake well again just before using.