Prep 13 mins
Cook 2 mins
A delicious salad, perfect for late summer/early autumn. The beans and cheese make it a very nice main course salad. The recipe calls for cherry tomatoes, but I just quartered some tomatoes from my garden.
- 250 g halloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 g borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn if leaves are large
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 400 g tuna, drained
- Pat the haloumi slices dry. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. When hot, add the haloumi, in batches, and cook for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In a large bowl, mix together then beans, tomatoes, spinach and basil. Tear the haloumi into rough chunks over the salad.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with the red wine vinegar, season to taste and pour over the salad.
- Flake the tuna into the salad and mix well.