Recipe by Jamie B
This casserole is my husband's favorite. I like that it's a complete meal that's very easy to put together. It's loosley based on the recipe on the seasoned green beans can, but this version is gluten free.
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant brown rice, dry
- 3 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdel monte seasoned green beans (with onions, red peppers & garlic)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhealth valley cream of mushroom soup (heat & serve, not condensed. Other brands usually add gluten, which is fine if you're not on a glute)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the rice in the casserole dish.
- Layer with tuna and green beans.
- In a separate bowl, combine soup, milk & cheese. Pour soup mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Let cool about 15 minutes before serving.