Recipe by *Maggie*
An easy tuna casserole cooked on the stove top and made with items most likely in your pantry. This is a DH creation that he absolutely loves and I have learned to like. It was originally made w/o peas but I find it more enjoyable with the peas.
Top Review by Laura O.
So good I have to have two helpings every time I eat it. I was out of onions so I had to use onion powder, and I will probably use canned peas instead of frozen next time. It was already cheesy using just a cup of cheese (a whole pound called for in the recipe! lol). This tastes just as good the next day - it does not dry out.
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) boxes Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 -2 cup frozen peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and cook macaroni until al dente.
- While macaroni cooks:.
- In large skillet, sautee onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Add both cans of soup, bring to a simmer.
- Add Cheese Powder from Mac-n-Cheese to skillet and mix well.
- Add peas, drained tuna and milk until combined.
- Drain macaroni and return to pot.
- Add the contents of the skillet to the macaroni and mix well.
- Add shredded cheese and mix until melted.
- Pepper to taste.