- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) canned tuna
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon curry
- chili powder (optional)
- pickled ginger (aka. benishoga, i.e., not the sweet pickled pink ginger you get with sushi)
- japanese-style white rice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in medium pot.
- Add cans of tuna and egg.
- Using a handful off chopsticks (4-6), whip up the egg, tuna and onions until fluffy and dry.
- Add sugar.
- Add curry +/- chili powder to taste.
- Serve on top of cooked white Japanese rice, top with some pickled red ginger.
- To complete the meal, boil some frozen green beans or other vegetable to eat with the tuna.