Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From my MIL's recipe file on a hand-written card. My MIL didn't recognize the writing! It sounds good. The recipe says that it makes 18 sandwiches but may also be served as as a salad on a bed of lettuce. Note: cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (13 ounce) can albacore tuna in water
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- Drain tuna and flake into a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve on bread of choice for a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce as a salad.