Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
With the warmest month of the year upon us, I thought this would be wonderful. No cooking to heat up the house. Just peel, chop, dice and chill. This comes from one of those other web sites.
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped green apple
- In small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, mustard and lemon peel and mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Chill for 1 hour and serve on lettuce lined plates.
this is a lovely summer salad with a light dressing. i only used 1 tbsp of sugar as the fruit was sweet and ripe. i used green grapes because that is what i had on hand, garnished with fresh mint.